1. Cooling: The motor in the energy conversion, there is always a small amount of loss into heat, it must be through the motor shell and the surrounding media to continuously heat out, the process of distributing heat, we are called cooling.
2. Cooling medium: Heat transfer of gas or liquid medium.
3. Primary Cooling Medium: the temperature is lower than the motor of a part of the gas or liquid media, it and the motor of the part of contact, and the release of the heat away.
4. Secondary Cooling medium: the temperature is lower than the primary cooling medium gas or liquid medium, through the motor's external surface or cooler to the primary cooling medium released heat away.
5. Final cooling medium: Heat transfer to the final cooling medium.
6. Ambient Cooling Medium: the ambient gas or liquid medium of the motor.
7. Remote media: A medium away from the motor, through the inlet, outlet pipe or channel suction motor heat and exhaust cooling media to the distance.
8. Cooler: A cooling medium heat transfer to another cooling medium, and maintain the two kinds of cooling medium separate device.